Naija Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VISIT NAIJA SPORTS FEED TO READ LATEST SPORT NEWS AND GISTS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warri Wolves appoint Azubuike Egwueke as new captain

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Melbin

Melbin
Minors

Goal.com
Nigeria defender Azubuike Egwueke has been elected as the new captain of Warri Wolves Football Club for the forth comingseason. Uche Ossai will assist him.
In what looked like the dawn of a new era with a new coach Solomon Ogbeide in charge, the players elected to have a new man to lead them to glory while praising former captain Goodluck Omamado who has been in the saddle for the past three years.
Speaking on his new role, Egwueke who has been a consistent performer in Nigeria colours thanked his team mates for the confidence reposed in him and promised to lead them to glory.
"I appreciate the confidence and trust my team mates have in me. By the grace of God, people should expect to see a new Warri Wolves as I intend to lead by example. All I am praying for is for them to cooperate with me and if they do that, we will not disappoint our sports loving governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan who has done much for the club," Egwueke said.
Meanwhile, coach Ogbeide has disclosed that only 20 players would be retained from the old players while eight new ones will be added.
According to Ogbeide, the players he met are good and all they need is that magic touch and the people will see a new Warri Wolves.
"I met quality players hence I won’t make wholesale changes but will only add eight players to the ones we have here. I can confidently tell you that I have a team to start the league come December 1 st ,” Ogbeide said.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum