Naija Sports Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VISIT NAIJA SPORTS FEED TO READ LATEST SPORT NEWS AND GISTS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bikom wins Uduaghan tennis tourney

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Melbin

Melbin
Minors

Albert Bikom has won the men’s title of Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan tennis championship after defeating Owolabi Junaidu in straight sets, 6-1, 6-3 at the Squash Club Asaba. Bikom won for himself a brand new car valued at N4m as top prize.
Governor Uduahgan who has embarked on sports revolution in Delta State handed Albert the trophy, the car key and urged him tobe a good tennis player and a great competitor.
“It really feels great to win this prize. It’s overwhelming and I’m lost for words. This is the greatest encouragement of my life and I will go to the National Sports Festival and give my all. I have to deliver at least two gold medals to Delta in Lagos. I’m out for this feat and by God’s grace I’ll achieve it,” Albert said. He won the toss and served offthe match. He came from 0-3 to win the first set at 6-1.
Owolabi upped his game in the second set before cracking and losing the set 3-6. Albert once won a rally after a fall and rising to hit apassing shot.
The ladies event was won by Stella Gbadamosi who beat Maria Lodge 1-6, 6-1, 6-3 in a match that was so clumsy and appeared not to deserve the prize that eventually went to the winner, another brand new Toyota Corolla.
It was a great evening for tennis in Delta and the jokesthat followed entertained all. Albert was jokingly told to marry Stella and he pleaded,jokingly too, that he was tooyoung to marry and that maintaining a family now could be an uphill task for him.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum